West Virginia Truck Accident Attorneys Hold Drivers Accountable
Getting justice for victims of tractor-trailer wrecks
Trucks are the largest and most dangerous vehicles on the road. They are made even more dangerous by distracted or negligent drivers and unscrupulous trucking companies. When you or a loved one is hurt in a crash with an 18-wheeler, the attorneys at Prim Law Firm, PLLC help you craft a detailed plan for getting justice and the compensation you deserve.
Representing victims in all types of truck accidents
Trucks are big, heavy machines that move down roads quickly. These complicated machines can fail in many ways. Some of the more common types of truck accidents are:
- Jackknife accidents: Sometimes a truck’s trailer does not follow its tractor, but instead swings out to the side. This can cause a truck to jackknife, often blocking the road and creating a dangerous situation.
- Rollover accidents: Tractor-trailers are often top-heavy or loaded unevenly. These factors make trucks more likely to lose their balance and roll onto their side, often spilling cargo.
- Tire blowout: When a truck’s tires blow out, heavy pieces of rubber may be flung into the air. This rubber can smash through windshields or cause drivers to swerve quickly.
In addition to accidents which are unique to trucks, getting rear-ended or t-boned by a large truck is often more serious than the same type of accident involving only cars. No matter what type of accident you have been involved in, our firm works hard to get you the compensation you deserve.
Holding trucking companies accountable for negligence
Because trucks are complex machines, there are many things that can go wrong. Some of these problems involve the driver. Others involve the truck itself. In many cases, a problem is caused by the cargo. Our firm seeks to hold the negligent party accountable for the damage their actions caused. Common causes of truck wrecks include:
- Distracted drivers. Truck drivers work long hours. Every once in a while, they may take a glance or even a long stare at their phone, their GPS, or some other device. A distracted driver at the wheel of a large truck can have disastrous results.
- Negligent hiring or training. Trucking companies have strong incentives to take shortcuts. The more trucks they have on the road and the more hours their drivers work, the more money they can make. This means that companies may not take the time they should to check drivers’ backgrounds for accidents or to provide safety training.
- Mechanical problems. Trucking companies do not always maintain their trucks as well as they should. In these cases, the company or a mechanic may be liable. Additionally, our firm seeks to hold truck or parts manufacturers liable when an accident is caused by a defective part.
- Load shift. When cargo isn’t loaded in a balanced and secure way, there is a danger of load shift during transit. When heavy pallets or drums suddenly slam against the side of a trailer as a truck turns, the truck may jackknife or roll onto its side. In these cases, our attorneys seek to hold the shipping company responsible for improper loading.
These are only a few of the ways that negligence or reckless behavior can lead to a truck wreck. Our attorneys work with accident reconstruction experts to determine exactly what went wrong and who is at fault for your injuries or your loved one’s death.
Contact experienced truck accident lawyers who don’t back down
Whether your accident was caused by a truck’s driver, its owner, or another company, we work hard to get you justice and any compensation you are entitled to under the law. Our firm has been strongly recommended by West Virginia families for years because of our dedication to getting justice for our clients. Schedule a no-cost initial consultation with the Prim Law Firm, PLLC by calling 304-201-2425 or by contacting us online.